Sometimes we act like we're nuts, sometimes we don't!









February 7, 2009

Scare!!!!

Hudson just gave us the scare of our lives! I went to lunch with my Mom and Grandma today. Jeff stayed home with Hudson, CJ and Hailee. When I left I locked the front deadbolt. We have a flip lock that is higher up the door but we have to lock that from the inside. Anyway Jeff was upstairs and Hudson moved his chair over to the door unlocked the deadbolt and went outside. When we pulled up from lunch Jeff was walking outside to look for him. We all started yelling for him. An ANGEL was driving down the street almost 2 block away and saw him without a parent. She got out of her car and started knocking on doors and called 911 just about the time Jeff saw her with Hudson! We are so relieved and scared to death!!!! It only takes a second. I bawled my eyes out it scared me so bad! Hudson knew he was in big trouble when we found him because he wouldn't look at us. When we got home we made him go to his room and sit on the bed. He has been in his room on his bed for about the last hour and not made a peep. I didn't even get the girls name that stopped. I am eternally grateful to her!

2 comments:

  1. whew! I know - such an awful feeling! That is sooo nice to have such kind and helpful neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noel, I feel so normal now that I know that I am not the only mom who had a child take a walk around the neighborhood. Glad your story had a happy ending. Kids are the greatest!
    PS, our family blog is www.10eshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete