Sometimes we act like we're nuts, sometimes we don't!









February 22, 2010

What Happened to the Last 6 Months?

I'm not sure where the last 6 months have gone! I pathetically haven't had time to update our blog since July. There is so much that has happened since then that there is no way that I can possibly blog everything! So to hit on the big events, Hannah turned 10 in October, Hudson turned 3 in November and Hallie, our foster baby that we have had since she was 10 days old is now 8 months old. Jeff turned 44 in December I had a radical hysterectomy December 17. We spent Christmas Eve with Jeff's family and Christmas Day with my family. I pretty much recovered mid January from my surgery. Jeff and I celebrated our 8th anniversary (which doesn't' seem possible) February 2. For our anniversary/Valentines Day/my 37th birthday Jeff and I went to Lake Tahoe. We left the kiddos with Tamara and Clark, Jeff's sister and brother-in-law (thanks so much Jones'! You guys are AWESOME!!) for Valentines weekend. We had a blast!!!! We got to sleep in without being climbed upon or kicked in the back. We ate when we wanted, showered without the kids standing there and we suddenly remembered that we had names beside Mommy and Daddy. We had no schedule except when we went snowmobiling which was awesome! It was so rejuvenating! I wish we could do that every 3 months or so.
Life has been busy with the kids and work as always. Jeff's boss will be taking maternity leave in a couple of weeks so I'm sure that he will be putting in more hours but also job security. Thankfully he has a job!
Hannah and Hudson will be starting on the West Sacramento Dolphins swim team next month. I am so excited that they let Hudson be on the team. We desperately need something to help expend his energy! He absolutely LOVES to swim and I'm sure will excel at it. Normally the team won't let them start until they are at least 4 but they remembered what a fish he was last summer. Hannah is looking forward to starting swim again. She is a great swimmer and I know will do fabulous this season also!
Hallie is doing great. She has been crawling for about a month and a half and is now totally sitting up on her own and pulling herself up on everything. I hope that walking is a ways off. It is all I can do to keep up with Hudson some days. It looks like we'll be able to adopt her but that will be months or more away. You never know what the biological parents are going to do even though they haven't seen her since she was about 3 weeks old and you never know what the courts will do. She is a sweet little thing and is really starting to get a personality.
I'm sure that I have missed some events, but that is the Blum life in a nutshell.

1 comment:

  1. Woah! I can't believe how the kids have grown!

    Oh-- and on the hysterectomy note: I know it is bitter/sweet topic. But I have to tell you-- I don't miss it those periods one bit! When I friend confides she's tired and drained because of one.. I think, "oh.. yeah! I used to deal with that too!" but not any more! Yipee for me!

    We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers with the adoption plans... you guys are such wonderful parents!

    luv and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete