I do so well sometimes keeping up my blog and then I seem to get bogged down by our everyday life. Some things gotta give right?! And so here I am AGAIN playing catch-up!
So much has happened since my last posting. I'll start with Halle's 1st birthday. Has it already been a year???? We celebrated her birthday on Father's Day. We had both family's over for a Father's Day/Birthday dinner. Everyone had a good time! Especially Halle (pictures to come). Halle has grown so much in every way. She has a stinkin' cute personality! She is up to almost a whoppin' 14 pounds. We met with our state adoption worker a couple of weeks ago and there was a discussion about whether we were going to continue calling her Halle or if we going to change her name. He name that her mom gave her is Alijuandra Davene. Originally we had shortened it to Ali and then we started thinking that if we adopted her we didn't want her to feel left out by no having an "H" name so we started calling her Halle. Our worker told us that if we were going to change her name to do it now. The problem is we can't agree on a name. There aren't a lot to choose from in the "H" department. We want he middle name to be Ila after Jeff's mom's mom. But we have had a hard time finding a first name to flow with it. I want to name her Hazel Ila. She is an old soul in a baby's body. I have said that since the day we got her. But then I said she looked like a Mable. I think Hazel fits her but there is no way that I will be able to convince Jeff. I THINK that we have conceded to Halle Ila. But don't mark my words on that. It seems to change on a daily basis. If you have any opinions please share. She is almost walking. She has been trying to walk for several weeks but I won't let her. It's all I can do some days to keep up with Hudson boy! She will be walking by the end of the week unfortunately!


So much has happened since my last posting. I'll start with Halle's 1st birthday. Has it already been a year???? We celebrated her birthday on Father's Day. We had both family's over for a Father's Day/Birthday dinner. Everyone had a good time! Especially Halle (pictures to come). Halle has grown so much in every way. She has a stinkin' cute personality! She is up to almost a whoppin' 14 pounds. We met with our state adoption worker a couple of weeks ago and there was a discussion about whether we were going to continue calling her Halle or if we going to change her name. He name that her mom gave her is Alijuandra Davene. Originally we had shortened it to Ali and then we started thinking that if we adopted her we didn't want her to feel left out by no having an "H" name so we started calling her Halle. Our worker told us that if we were going to change her name to do it now. The problem is we can't agree on a name. There aren't a lot to choose from in the "H" department. We want he middle name to be Ila after Jeff's mom's mom. But we have had a hard time finding a first name to flow with it. I want to name her Hazel Ila. She is an old soul in a baby's body. I have said that since the day we got her. But then I said she looked like a Mable. I think Hazel fits her but there is no way that I will be able to convince Jeff. I THINK that we have conceded to Halle Ila. But don't mark my words on that. It seems to change on a daily basis. If you have any opinions please share. She is almost walking. She has been trying to walk for several weeks but I won't let her. It's all I can do some days to keep up with Hudson boy! She will be walking by the end of the week unfortunately!


Hhhmmmmm....what else? This is why I should post more often because I forget the funny things that the kids do and say.
This one is for Dr. O...to preface, we all have to have physicals for the adoption process. I took Hudson in for his and Dr. O was making sure that everything had "descended properly". During this process Hudson all of a sudden groans and says "Oh! My tenders!". Seriously I almost died. I never know what is going to come out of his mouth.
A couple of weeks ago Jeff's mom bought Hudson some dinosaur pajamas and his cousin Sagie a princess dress. Sage's response was, with her hands to her chest and sweet as pie "For me?" In contrast when Hudson saw the pj's his response in complete and utter excitement was "What the Hell?!!!". Oh my heavens! What am I going to do with him. I can only imagine that phone calls that we will be getting when he starts school.
This one is for Dr. O...to preface, we all have to have physicals for the adoption process. I took Hudson in for his and Dr. O was making sure that everything had "descended properly". During this process Hudson all of a sudden groans and says "Oh! My tenders!". Seriously I almost died. I never know what is going to come out of his mouth.
A couple of weeks ago Jeff's mom bought Hudson some dinosaur pajamas and his cousin Sagie a princess dress. Sage's response was, with her hands to her chest and sweet as pie "For me?" In contrast when Hudson saw the pj's his response in complete and utter excitement was "What the Hell?!!!". Oh my heavens! What am I going to do with him. I can only imagine that phone calls that we will be getting when he starts school.
No comments:
Post a Comment