We went to court on August 4th where the judge terminated Halle's bio's parental right. They didn't even show up for court. The judge adopted all the paper work into the courts and looked at Jeff and I and said "Take good care of her!" So we are officially in the process of adopting her. We have to wait sixty days for them to appeal but that will be up in on October 4th. We have pretty much everything ready to go except our live scan and the homestudy. We are thrilled and will be so glad to have everything finalized. Hopefully that will happen before the end of the year! What better Christmas present!
Jeff kept saying that the day that Halle's parental rights were terminated he was going to take her to have her ears pierced. He wasn't kidding. As soon as we got home from court we piled the kids into the car and took Halle to Claire's and had her ears pierced. She only cried for a second and then was perfectly happy the rest of the night
It's kind of funny, Halle isn't walking yet but she sure can climb. I was cutting hair one afternoon and I could hear her banging on what I thought was the sliding glass door. This is what I found when I looked over. She was trying to see Peacow. Jeff was sitting right there but he thought the same thing I did. Between her climbing and putting everything she can find in her mouth we can't take our eyes off of her for a second.

Love her earrings! She is too adorable. I'm so glad the adoption is going through...she is one lucky little girl!
ReplyDelete