The saying "You learn something new every day." is applicable here. I didn't ever think of posting on my blog from my iPhone. Who knew?! Thanks Camille and Melissa!
So here is the last six months in the Blum family life in a "nutshell".
The kids are growing up WAY TOO FAST!!
Hannah will be in 7th grade come August. She is such a great kid! We are hoping to get her into a Charter school this coming school year so that she will be more challenged. She will be 12 in October.
Hudson will be starting kindergarten. Whoa! I think I just had an anxiety attack thinking about that! He is always busy! Never stopping. He is starting to be a big helper. He can drive me nuts one second and make me laugh and melt my heart in the next.
Our super exciting news on Halee is that she will be 2 this Tuesday and her adoption will be finalized on Thursday. She will officially be Halee Ila Blum. WOO HOO! We are so excited to have everything done in that department. Halee has also be doing speech therapy, occupational therapy and will be starting physical therapy next week.
Jeff has been deathly ill for over 3 months. He spent a week in the hospital with a severe fever reaching 105.5. The official diagnoses was "fever of unknown origin". Seriously? I didn't know that was a real diagnosis! They have run so many tests that I can't remember them all. They have gone from West Nile Virus, renal failure, liver problems, Lupus, pancreatic cancer and the current leader is Lyme's Disease. Back in March we found a deer tick in the car while we were in Davis. A day or two later he had two weird bites on his leg. At the time we thought that they were spider bites. A few days later he started getting really sick and quickly went down hill he was in the ER three times before they finally admitted him. It was very scary! One night he started talking about life insurance and such. He was so sick he thought that he wasn't going to make it. It has been very stressful to say the least! I finally found a Lyme's Disease specialist in San Francisco and took him. The doctor thought that it was probable enough to put him on some heavy duty antibiotics and run more tests. He has been gradually been improving day by day. He went back to work Monday for the first time in almost 3 months. It's been rough but he has been able to power through. Hopefully he will continue to improve. I am so thankful that he is still with us! I don't know what I would do without him! He is my very best friend and the love of my life!
Thank you to our family and friends that have been so supportive in every way from taking the kids so that I could be at the hospital with Jeff, providing meals, watching Tucker, and giving blessings. You all lightened my load more than you will ever know!
As for me. I haven't been doing much ;0) just being a wife, nurse, maid, mommy, psychiatrist, psychologist, doctor, researcher, teacher, hairstylist and all the other careers that life seems to be throwing at me. I am currently looking for a part time job until I can build my clientele base back up. All in all I wouldn't trade my life with anyone! I am thankful for the problems that I have! I came across a quote a couple of weeks ago just when I thought that I couldn't go on I was reminded that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers and knows the depth of our hearts. It been a very difficult day. I came across this on Face book about 2 weeks ago that my sister in law Laura had posted. She rarely posts anything and I had missed it the first time I scrolled through.
No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God . . . and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven....
Note: a comforting thought for those in challenging times
Just what my heart and soul needed to hear that night and an answer to my prayer. I love you all and am so thankful for each of you and for your love and support through these last few weeks.
Love to all. I will try to be better about updating our blog but no promises! You never know what monkey wrench will be thrown in!
UMI In North Carolina!
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment