Sometimes we act like we're nuts, sometimes we don't!









January 13, 2009

Christmas Vacation

We had a great time over the holidays! Jeff got about a week and a half off from work (forced winter closure, thank heavens he hadn't used his vacation time)! We spent our "vacation" at Harold and Renon's, which I think is funny since they only live about 15 minutes away. We had a ball though! We went to see the Stockton Thunder play hockey. Hudson loved the fact that he could scream and yell and no one would tell him to be quiet. He even joined in with the crowd saying "BOOO" when the other team would score. One of his current favorite words is "hockey". The mascot came up and gave him a high 5 twice, which he thought was very cool. The mascot also stroked Hannah's hair, I thought Jeff was going to sock him one. It was so fun to watch the kids have so much fun!

New Years Eve day we went bowling at a new bowling alley in Elk Grove. Renon stayed home with Hudson so we wouldn't have to worry about him running around (he's all boy!). I think that is only the 3rd time that I have ever been bowling. We had a great time. I think Jeff won, but I am claiming that I don't remember.

Hannah got a Wii from Santa for Christmas and we all had a blast playing on it! We got MarioKart which is the best game! Jeff and I would stay up way too late playing and laughing our silly heads off. Once again I think Jeff usually won but I am still claiming that I don't remember!

Funny story...I had to go to Vallejo to have my new crown put on. Hannah went with me. On the way home there were car accidents from Fairfield to Davis. When I got to Vacaville we got off the freeway and did some shopping in hopes that the traffic would subside. No such luck. Jeff told me to put in the GPS to avoid all freeways, thinking that this would take me on the side roads and the fact Hannah and I were talking I wasn't really paying that much attention until...there was a sign that said we were in RIO VISTA. Boy did it avoid all freeways!!! I would have been better off sitting in the freeway parking lot! I would have gotten home sooner! Jeesh, like I need HELP getting lost!! Also while we were gone Jeff and Hudson took a nap. Unfortunately, Hudson woke up before Daddy and was able to reach to the back of the dresser where Mommie's make-up was. You can imagine!

I'm sure that I have missed so many other details but the most important detail is that we spent time as a family. Hudson was a very sad little boy when Daddy and Nannie went back to school and work. He cried his little eyes out when they left that morning. I think that that says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment