Sometimes we act like we're nuts, sometimes we don't!









January 29, 2009

Memorial to Our Jack

For all of you that knew Jack, our beloved, crazy dog I have very sad news! This evening Jeff and I took the kids and Jack for a walk. As we were walking a guy driving a Heineken Beer van came flying down the street at about 60mph. There were several kids on their bikes plus our own kids so Jeff stepped out into the street to slow him down. Sadly Jack followed him and the guy didn't slow down and ran right over Jack crushing him. What a horrible, unforgettable sight and sound! Not to mention that it happened right in front of Hannah and Hudson (and the neighborhood kids). All the kids were crying and upset. He was gone with in a minute. I am so glad that he didn't suffer any longer than he did. I am also so thankful that it wasn't one of the kids! It will be forever burned into our memories. The guy did stop and he felt horrible not that that made any of us feel better. Hannah is heart broken. I have never seen her cry like that. Actually we are all heart broken.

We have lots of great memories of Jack! He loved chasing balls, lights and jack rabbits. He loved jumping in the air for hours trying to get the tennis ball off the string (I think that his feet were spring loaded)! He traveled cross country twice with us. He loved the kids and was so patient with them. He was a great family dog. Last night Hudson was laying on Jack's bed loving on him and saying "Acks coot!" At least he knows that he was loved! He was a crazy, spastic dog! We love you and will miss you so much Jack!

4 comments:

  1. That is the saddest thing ever! That is so tramatic! I am surprised Jeff didn;t beat the
    !@#$%&* out of the guy!! I guess it was hs lucky day! I am so so so sorry! He was a great dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice slide show honey! It shows how much a part of the family Jack was.

    Love you.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Blum Family that is so sad and I'm so sorry that happened. I know how fast dogs become a member of the family and how heart breaking it is for them to have to go. I hope you guys find happiness soon! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo Sorry! Brian told us last night and the boys felt awful for Hannah & Hudson.

    But we too quickly thought- LUCKILY it wasn't one of the children!?!

    makes me feel sick just to think about it- I'm sorry you had to see it. hope you have gentle days.
    {perfect music}
    Laura

    ReplyDelete